Tuesday, May 1, 2012

IRON MAN 3 (Robert Downey jr. Speaks)


  • IRON MAN 3

Iron Man 3 to be a Solo but Awesome!!
 With the Avengers releasing last week to International audiences (Yes we got it too… It was Totally Awesome see our REVIEW) and this week in the USA and remaining Markets, Marvel’s next project is Iron Man 3, starring Robert Downey Jr. and co-written and directed by Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang).

Recently, Kevin Fiege discussed the potential of replacing RDJ as Tony Stark, Bond-style, if he ever choose to leave the franchise or grew too old for the Iron hero (His 47years old right now).

Iron Man on set of Avengers
Downey recently discussed the possibility of another actor replacing him as Tony Stark down the line. He also addressed the casting rumors regarding Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, Jessica Chastain, and Andy Lau.

Speaking with MTV this is what he said:

Who can replace Tony... I Mean Robert?!?
“I would really hate for someone else to think they could step into my shoes. I wonder who’s playing Tony Stark next. Is it you? Is that what you’re here to tell me?”

(Sidenote: We don't think they should replace him, not until 20 years have passed. Christopher Reeves would of never been replaced as Superman if it wasn't for his accident. (Still Love Reeves as Supes))

On how much longer he plans to stick it out in the role:

“I know things are looking like that they could go on for a long while. As usual in my book, it’s all about quality control and delivering a product that you can have this kind of [positive] reaction to, [like 'The Avengers']. If [Marve] keep[s] doing that, maybe I’ll keep showing up.”

We probably don’t have to worry about Downey ditching the blockbuster, to return to more serious or challenging roles for a while, but the party can’t last forever.

On the casting rumors regarding Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, et cetera:

[I can’t wait to work with] any or all of them. [...] It’s funny. Sometimes you have to call for a good old-fashioned British invasion. ‘Iron Man 3’ is really shaping up to be something special. We start in a couple weeks. I’m sure I’ll be leaking secrets to you as we move ahead.”

On whether or not Iron Man 3 will take place, in part, in Asia, as has been speculated:

“I’d like to tell you all my secrets, but I forget them.”

Robert Downey Jr. Should play Tony Stark until his 70!

We love the way Marvel is handling all there properties at the moment, as each and everyone of them, is something to get excited by, we can’t wait to see Iron Man 3, but first we have to watch Avengers a couple more times!!

Iron Man 3 hits theaters May 3rd, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment